Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:21
Female anchors have become an integral part of news in Kenya. The number of people watching a partuclualr TV station’s news heavily relied on the aesthetic value brought by the female anchors. KTN was for long a favorite of many during the days of Catherine Kasavuli, a trend they maintained by getting on board Lillian Muli. Today TV stations are trying to outdo each other with hot anchors, and quite a number of anchors are currently being groomed to take over the helms of news reading. We picked out a few we think will be big once they assume their anchoring roles.
Charity was raised in the USA and is a journalist by profession. KTN are currently grooming her as a reporter before she finally starts anchoring news. Her Twitter bio reads, "Journalist at KTN : was raised in Baltimore,MarylaFuture Anchor" clearly an indication that the bigwigs at KTN are looking to have a Lilian Muli effect when she finally sits on that prime time news seat.
This hot, chic is currently with NTV and had been reading news at Capital Fm before Nation Media Group came calling . KTN wanted her but it is alleged her former workmate Ann Kiguta who is at KTN stood in the way. A mother of one daughter, Victoria is a graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism. She has experience working as a freelance PR consultant in New Jersey and New York, as well as broadcast media at WMGM NBC 40 television station in Linwood, New Jersey. Her looks and voice will get audiences rallying behind her and is set to replace Linda Ogutu and Peninah Karibe who were formerly faces of NTV.
Alice Atieno Odera is one of the newest lasses in news anchoring; she recently joined Citizen TV and has had people talking about her. Odera is an experienced image consultant, and owns Beauty Logic Image Management, an image/personal branding consulting firm that provides synergy services to corporations and individuals.
This curvaceous lady was on the front line in the raising funds for the medical treatment of some of Loreto Convent Msongari's bus accident victims. Odera and Morgan are expected to fill the gaps left by Terryanne Chebet who left for CCTV, and Tony Timase who has joined K24.
She got heads turning when she first hit the Citizen TV screen reading business news. News of this sultry business news reader spread across social networks like wildfire with everyone wanting to get a glimpse of her. She has since cemented her position as an anchor and is in line to becoming one of the bigwigs female news anchors in the country.
Joy Doreen Biira
She works for KTN as a reporter but also anchors sometimes. The station is grooming her for the next level probably anchoring prime time news alongside the likes of Ann Kiguta. Joy comes from Uganda and has put up a good fight to earn a place in the very competitive TV scene. Her looks and demeanor will definitely go a long way in getting numbers behind her.
- Deejay Joe Now The Official Deejay Of The US Embassy
- Jeniffer Hudson's Hubby Not Happy With Her Weight Loss
- Kanye and Kim's Relationship Showing Cracks
- Leading TV Station KTN Under Fire For A 'Typo' Addressing Former PM As President
- Caroline Mutoko Sues Bloggers
- Renowned American Pop-Star Beyonce Knowles Issues A Handwritten Apology To Disappointed Fans
- Chris Brown's 'Battle Of The Year 3D' Trailer Is Out... Watch It Here!!!
- Fergie Admits He Pressured Referees
- Socialite Huddah Hits Back With Raunchy Pics (Viewer's Discretion Advised)
- Ugandan Singer Juliana Denies Rumours That She And Ian Are Getting Married
- K24 and Citizen TV at War
- Rumors of Goldie Harvey's Death
- Caroline Mutoko's Post That Caused Drama
- Goldie's Cause Of Death Revealed.... Prezzo Finally Speaks
- Nairobi's Top 2012 Socialite
- "Tujuane Is Not Real!", Susan
- Prezzo Shares His Side Of The Story After Goldie's Death
- The Punjab Rape Festival Saga And The Confession
- Mike Tyson Now a Female.
- Meet Uhuru Kenyatta's 22 Year Old Speech Writer